Bible Trivia April-2021
1. Question: What was God’s sign to Noah that he would never destroy the earth again?
Answer: A rainbow
2. When Daniel prayed to God after it was not allowed, where was he thrown into?
Answer: The lion’s den
3. Question: What is the shortest verse in the Bible?
Answer: John 11:35 Jesus wept.
4. Which book did David write most of?
5. Who was Jesus’ most famous cousin?
Answer: John the Baptist.
6. Who is Stephen in Acts of the Apostles?
Answer: The first Christian martyr.
7. Which Gospel is most concerned with the mystery and identity of the person of Jesus?
8. Which Gospel is most concerned with the mystery and identity of the person of Jesus?
9. What language was most of the New Testament originally written in?
10. What was Jesus’ first miracle?
Answer: Turning water into wine
Catholic Action Bible Trivia Special Easter Edition March 2021
- Why is the Sunday before the resurrection called Palm Sunday?
When Jesus entered into Jerusalem at the beginning of the Passion Week, the people welcomed Him as king and Messiah. They covered the road with their garments and palm fronds as a symbol of their worship and acceptance of Him as king (Matthew 21:8; Mark 11:8; Luke 19:35, 36; John 12:12, 13).
- Which disciple cut off the ear of the high priest’s servant to try and protect Jesus from being taken as a prisoner?
Peter (John 18:10) “Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his right ear.” The servant’s name was Malchus.
- We know that Judas was given 30 pieces of silver to betray Jesus, but when he reconsidered his deed and returned the money what did the priests do with it?
They bought the potter’s field with the money which is where strangers were buried (Matthew 27:6-8). The chief priests picked up the coins and said, “It is against the law to put this into the treasury, since it is blood money.” So they decided to use the money to buy the potter’s field as a burial place for foreigners.” That is why it has been called the Field of Blood to this day.
- What did Pilate’s wife counsel him to do concerning Jesus?
To leave Jesus alone because He was a just man. She had a bad dream concerning the Lord and she probably felt it would bring bad luck on the household of Pilate (Matthew 27:19). While Pilate was sitting on the judge’s seat, his wife sent him this message: “Don’t have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him.”
- What was the inscription above the cross? “Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews” (Luke 19:19)
- Which languages was it written in?
It was written in three different languages according to John 19:20; Hebrew, Greek and Latin. “Many of the Jews read this sign, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Aramaic, Latin and Greek.”
- What happened in the Temple as a sign that the death of Jesus had made way for the individual believer to approach God?
The veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom (Matthew 27:51). “At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split.”
- When Jesus died there was darkness in the land. How long did it last?
Three hours, noon to 3 pm. (Matthew 27:45). “From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land.”
Catholic Action Bible Trivia February 2021
- What is the common name given to the first four books of the New Testament
- The Gospels
- Who wrote most of the books in the New Testament?
- Who wrote the Acts of the Apostles?
- Which book comes last in the New Testament?
- What does the word gospel mean?
- Good news
- Who was the king of Judea at the time of Jesus’ birth?
- Herod the Great
- Which gospel records the fewest of the miracles performed by Jesus?
- In what water was Jesus baptized?
- River Jordan
- What miracle did Jesus perform at the marriage in Cana?
- Turning water into wine
- Who was the tax collector that climbed up a tree so he could see Jesus?
Catholic Action Bible Trivia January 2021
- Trivia Question: How many books are in the New Testament?
- Trivia Question:Paul was shipwrecked on what island?
- Trivia Question:Who recognized Jesus as the Messiah when he was presented to the Temple as a baby?
- Trivia Question:After Jesus fed the 5,000, how many baskets were left over?
- Trivia Question:What did Saul encounter when he was traveling to Damascus?
Answer: A great and blinding light
- Trivia Question:What tribe is Paul from?
- Trivia Question:Which Gospel mostly speaks on the mystery and identity of the person of Jesus?
Answer: The Gospel According to John
- Trivia Question:According to the Gospels, which literary genre does Jesus implement to help preach his message?
Answer: The parable
- Trivia Question:Which Gospel is written by a doctor?
- Trivia Question:How many people boarded Noah’s Ark?